Hi I’m Heidi, Grange Creative is my freelance business and this is a bit about how I got to this point.
Design has always been my passion. I did well at school academically you might say but my favourite subjects were art and design. In my spare time I was forever “doodling”, drawing and creating artistic covers for my assignments (well before computers where the norm in classrooms).
I got my Advanced Diplomia in Graphic Design in 1999. This got me a job in a small web team in the public service as a designer and over the years I was fortunate enough to work my way up to be the manager of a web and applications team for one of Australia’s largest government departments. This gives me many many years of experience in almost every aspect of the design and online world. During this time I have also done a ton of freelance design and web projects on the side.
About 10 years ago I took up photography professionally and have been taking portraits and capturing weddings mostly on weekends. This experience gives me the skills to be able to take any professional photographs needed for my clients websites, brochures etc.
Relating to the above I have also:
- Studied life drawing (just for fun)
- Attended countless web usability and accessibility courses and seminars (making websites accessible for those with disabilities and easier to use for everyone)
- Attended numerous Adobe courses (to keep my skills in industry standard software current)
- Taught web design and HTML at university level (as one of my many side-jobs, while running the uni’s websites)
- Completed a handful of photography courses (to get the skills to “go pro”)
As of the end of 2013, due to family commitments and the drain of travelling 1.5 hours (one-way) to work in the corporate world, I took the plunge. I left my perfectly cushie public servant job and now I just do freelance and I absolutely love it.
So given my credentials I am sure you will agree I am more than qualified to take on your graphic design, branding, or online project. So why not give me a buzz or shoot me a message to discuss what I can do for you.